TODAY....on the otherhand....was PERFECT : ) It was 75 degrees, partly cloudy skies, a nice breeze, and possibly THE busiest day at the zoo for the entire year! The parking lot was FULL. I knew it would probably be busy today, but it was just so nice outside I couldn't resist. (We visit the zoo quite often as we have a membership...thanks Mom and Dad B!)
Here are some pictures from our zoo trip today. We go so often and I don't remember to take pictures enough, I guess because it isn't a really "special" trip since we're there so much. But today, I decided we would document it : ) (I am hoping this blog will encourage me to take pictures of more everyday events as well......)
Kenzie has this cute pink sunhat. Until she was around 8-9 months old she wore hats JUST FINE. She wouldn't touch them : ) NOW.....we are lucky to get her to keep it on for 5 seconds. I thought I would try anyway, especially cause she looked so cute in it.
NOPE! Yeah right Mom! Off comes the hat.
And not just off. She also had to throw it to the ground for dramatic effect.
It was totally worth the effort though, because in the midst of this very short process I was able to capture a picture that to this point in time is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES of my little girl. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture. I hope you guys enjoy it 1/2 as much as I do : ) 
Here we are with the zebras. A nice guy offered to take our picture as he saw me struggling to hold Kenzie on the fence with one hand and lean back with the other hand trying to get far enough back to get her and the zebras in the picture.
Here is Kenzie watching the pretty pink flamingos. We usually go to the zoo in the morning and they are usually sleeping and boring, but today it must have been feeding time when we went and Kenzie LOVED watching them : )
Monkey Village is one of our FAVORITE parts of the zoo. It is an exhibit where you get to go right in an enclosed path with about 16 little squirrel monkeys. They swing on ropes and climb trees and jump from branch to branch right in front of you! We did NOT go in today, as it was PACKED in there.....but I thought it would be cute to get a picture with the big sign.
Here we are.....nice self-portrait huh? Ok...so not the best, but it is pretty hard to be pregnant and holding a 13 month old and get a GOOD self-portrait. So I am happy with how it turned out anyway : )
We had a great view of the elephants today. And the keepers had put out snacks for them, so they were very actively trying to get their treats. Kenzie watched them for a LONG time : )
Here is Kenz looking at the elephant. It was another picture that was a juggling act for me. But we got one in the end!
By this time Kenzie was getting tired...and more importantly...HUNGRY! She LOVED her raisin snack. "Boy, this looks good"
In the mouth it goes.
In this picture, she was audibly enjoying her snack with a nice "Mmmmm" sound! (Which she does OFTEN when she is enjoying her food....)So...that was our trip to the zoo today. Thank you Lord for the AMAZING weather, the resources to visit the zoo, and most of all....for all the beautiful creatures you designed for us to enjoy!
In His Hands,
Dani
1 comment:
Dani!!! You're blogging!! Hurray :) That's awesome! It will be fun to have a way to see what's going on with you guys! I love the zoo pictures of Kenzie. So adorable! And that's so neat that you kept a joint journal of your memories of your first days together. Really special to have. Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi and I hope you are all doing wonderfully!
Post a Comment