Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Story of Us- Part I

Right after Chip and I got married, we started a hand-written journal to record the events of our relationship that we could remember. We didn't get very far........ We basically got through all of our meetings and encounters and our brief time of friendship before we started dating. I am going to copy those over first, and then I will pick up on the story from there, as my memory recalls things. If at any point Chip wants to jump in, I will let him do that for sure (ok, sweetie?) So.....the story begins.........

(anything in red is afterthoughts that I am adding NOW to what I had already written before)

OUR FIRST MEMORIES OF EACH OTHER

Entry by: Dani
The first time I saw Chip, we were in his dorm room at
Taylor University. Here's how the story goes. I had a class with Chip's roommate, Matt Hilty, the fall semester of my freshman year at Taylor ('03-"04). I found out that Matt lived on SIIS, a floor I visited often during open house. So I decided to stop by and see him one Friday night. My friend Joy and I had just come into their room, room 234, and we were talking to Hilty, and in walks a blonde boy, wearing JUST a towel, fresh from the shower. Although things were awkward, Hilty still proceeded to introduce us to "Chip", his roommate. (At this point I really thought that Chip WAS his real name...it never occurred to me that it could be a nickname...) Chip came in the room and got clothes, then left to change. He came back and talked for a minute after he got dressed. THis was the first time I remember seeing and meeting my wonderful husband!


Entry by Chip:
The first time I remember talking to Danielly was not when we talked for a minute after I showered (I was too embarrassed to remember anything), but it was a couple of weeks later when I was walking through the student union with 2 friends. As we got to the exit doors we saw a friend of ours, Jesse Hibbs, playing pool with a girl who turned out to be Danielle Jorg. Jesse introduced Dani to me as "Gungelle" (because her brother's nickname had been "Gunga") and made a comment about 3
Arizona people being in the same room (as he was from AZ too!) I remember staying for a minute to talk about our great state of AZ and then having nothing else to say, so I left. I did not notice Danielle very much at this point. I just knew her as "the girl that hangs out with SIIS boys a lot".

Note from Dani: This was DEFINITELY my second memory of meeting Chip, and I have the exact same recollection of the encounter......just as an FYI : )

A FEW "IN-BETWEEN" ENCOUNTERS

Entry by: Dani
Between the first times we saw each other and when we "became friends", we did have a few small interactions. One of these happened right after Thanksgiving break. My family had come to
Michigan for Thanksgiving and my parents and sister, Cassie, drove me back to Taylor. They decided to stay for a night and come to chapel the next morning. Cassie happened to ask me if I knew of Chip Brown (a few weeks earlier she had asked if I knew Paul Brown when I was talking to her on the phone....and of course, I did not!) So I told her that yes I knew Chip and she told me that he was the cousin of Isaac and Micah Brown who I knew from Desert Christian High School. My sister and parents wanted to meet him, so after chapel I introduced them.

The other clear memory we both have is a time in December that we both got a ride to Westminster Presbyterian Church in
Muncie together. I rode in the back with him and sat by him during lunch back at the D.C. (dining commons) after church. We can remember making a plan to annoy his roommate, Matt.....the plan worked : )

No comments: