Wednesday night we decided that it would be great to go to the zoo on Thursday morning. I had baked some bran muffins and we had yogurt and grapes, so we decided it would be an easy breakfast to pack and take with us to eat there so we could get an early start before it got too hot. As soon as Kenzie woke up Thursday morning (around 7:15ish) we all got up and threw on clothes, packed up the diaper bag and jumped in the car. We got to the zoo right around 8am and it was already pretty warm, but not TOOO bad.
We went in and ate our breakfast first. There were a bunch of tables in the shade and not many people there yet. It was so nice : )
Kenzie getting bites from dad.....
I still look half-asleep : )
Kenzie not paying attention to her bite from mom......
After breakfast, Kenzie climbed the tower to watch the giraffes. She LOVES doing this! I like when we go at an uncrowded time, because it is so much harder for her and scarier for me when she is trying to climb up with a bunch of "big kids" going up and down all around her. She can go up fine, but still needs some help back down. I tried to get a picture of her at the top, but the sun was making it to hard. Here she is with Daddy helping her come down.....
Across the bridge....
Almost at the bottom...only a couple steps left!
Here we are in front of the giraffes. I wanted to get one in front of that giraffe that was eating way in the background : )
This is the creepiest bird ever. Chip and I both hate these storks. I would be really scared to meet one of these in the wild......they are probably almost as tall as me!
Here we are walking to the next thing......
Kenzie decided she needed to get out and push her stroller. This works out well for us because she just puts her head down and pushes away. We can guide the stroller wherever we want her to go : ) Makes it nice to not have to worry about her running off!
After we looked at the animals (mostly just the monkeys, orangutans, and elephants) we went to the water play area. Kenzie LOVED it : ) It was definitely already warm enough outside by 9am for her to enjoy the cool water. Here are a few of her playing in the water:
She is still too scared to actually run through any of the water fountains...but she likes walking up to them and trying to put her hands in. She also really enjoys the drains..............
After the water area, we had a coupon the zoo sent us for a free Icee. We couldn't believe that normally they would be $4.50! So Kenzie got to try her first Icee. Who doesn't love a frozen sugar slush with fruity flavoring?! MMMmmm.....We were worried she was going to get a brain freeze the way she was gulping it down!
On our way out I had Chip take a "belly shot" of me on the bridge, just cause I thought it would make a nice background. So here is my belly....one day before I turned 31 weeks.
Chip decided to get some of he and Kenzie leaving the zoo too....since he had the camera out anyway.
It was a good morning and lots of fun! Kenzie took a great nap when we got home : ) She was all worn out from her big adventure. We are so thankful to have our zoo membership this year! I hope we can get it again next year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment