Friday, September 12, 2008

Here I am : )

WOW! I can't believe it has been almost a month since I posted!Needless to say...a lot has happened in the past month. Mostly, I am staying busy being a mommy of two. So I got through Ryken's birthday and was intending on writing detailed accounts of the next few days, but we'll skip that. The brief run-down goes like this. I delievered on Tuesday morning.....we were able to hurry through all the paperwork and doctor visits (Ryken's little boy part operation/the ped releasing him from the hospital/my OB releasing me/etc) and were on our way out of the hospital by around 11am on Wednesday....so we stayed for just over 24 hours. Then we packed up our little guy in his carseat and headed home. Here he is...in the carseat for the first time, just over 24 hours old. He was so teeny!



We got home and my parents were there with Kenzie. They offered to take her home to Tucson with them for a couple days and we gratefully accepted their offer right away! So I helped my mom pack clothes and other necessities they'd need and said goodbye to my sweet little girl for the first time. Then we just rested. Here is Ryken passed out on the couch.


Chip's mom and sister were out of town until Wednesday night (late), so we spent Thursday seeing them. Friday, my parents came back and my little sister and her fiancee came with. Kenzie had done just fine at grandma and grandpa's house. But we were happy to see her! Soo....the next few days/weeks have flown by. The first two weeks of Ryken's life consisted of a few trips to the doctor for weight checks. I got the flu when he was six days old and didn't eat for 2 full days....not exactly the best thing for breastfeeding and getting a newborn to gain weight. But, after all the fuss, he was up to 11lbs at his one month appoinment. So no more worrying about weight gain!

So here are a few pictures......if they are something special I will add little captions under them!


Five days old.










This was Ryken's first trip to the zoo and our first time using our new double stroller aka "baby bus". It was hot and gross even though we got there at 8am...so we only stayed 45 minutes. But it was still fun.







Ah. My little girl is so pretty. I just wanna kiss those cheeks!


This was Ryken's first swimming experience. He could have cared less...but at least he was the cutest baby ever!


Kenzie....she loves her grandpa and wants to be just like him!


Here we are...our happy little family. Ryken is 4 weeks and Kenzie is 16 1/2 months.


First bath.....


Doing what he does best......he pretty much slept away the first month of his life. But I was ok with that : )




Brother/sister bathtime fun : )


I Love Love Love her!






For some reason, this is my current favorite picture of Ryken.




Here is Kenzie with her friends Avie and Jack at our weekly playgroup.


And here is Ryken with his friend Evelyn at play group.






Chubster!


Funny Face........




And those are the most current pictures I've gotten on the computer. I have some newer ones, but not too much newer. These last two were taken a week ago.

Our life is completely back to normal. The new normal which is life with two. I have had my post-partum appointment and everything is a-ok. I only have about 7-8lbs left to lose and can fit into a lot of my normal clothes again. I am working from home again (I guess that started about 3 days after I had Ryken though) but I am back to working my normal amount again. Chip has been back to work since Ryken was six days old. Ryken is such a good baby, besides some occasional gas episodes (but these are rare). We are working on getting him used to his crib and he sleeps at least half the night and usually one nap a day there. Kenzie is such a big girl to us now. She is saying more words each day and learning how to be "gentle" with her "ba-ba" (mix between brother and baby).

We are doing well and are continually thankful for the many many blessings God has heaped on our family. We are still doing our best to remember that it could all change at any given moment, but that this fragile thing called life is forever in His might hands.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Dani - its so cute to see your little family growing! Love the pics!