But I am excited that it is Chip's birthday today.
Twenty-seven years ago God blessed my mother and father in law with a new baby boy who they called Stephen Paul Brown. His birth has caused me to greatly respect the woman who is now my mother in law.....not just because her baby boy is now my husband....but also because her baby boy weighed close to 12lbs at birth. WOW! You would never know it if you looked at him now. But he was one BIG baby!

This is the 5th birthday of Chip's that I have been blessed to celebrate with him...and I hope to celebrate many many more with him. Chip may have been born 27 years ago...but if you ask him, he has been 19 for the past couple years, and will probably still be 19 this year too. He was 18 on his first few birthdays that I celebrated with him (even though he'd been alive for 22 years at that point)...and stayed 18 until 2 years ago when Kenzie was born. He felt like since he was a dad he should turn 19 that year. Maybe when we have 3 kids he'll decide its time to say goodbye to the teenage years and turn 20....maybe not : ) But no matter how old he wants to be, or how old he really is, I am still so thankful that God gave Chip as a gift...first to his parents to raise, and now to me to journey through life with and raise a family with. Chip is the best husband a girl could ever ask for and such a wonderful father to our children. He is more than I could have dreamed up and truly my best friend and dearest love.

Happy Birthday, Chip. I love you with all of my heart!
Love, Your Dani xoxo
2 comments:
You have been Awrded with the "Friendship" Award. Please visit my Blog for the details :)
~Faye
What a sweet tribute!
And, wow, his mama deserves an award! 12 lbs! He was a big boy, for sure!
Post a Comment