Look! It's only been around a week since the last time I wrote : ) Hurray! Now if I can just keep this up.....don't hold your breath though!
So, I decided last night that I am really glad that God gave us time. It is a fun thing to measure time in different increments of length.....it gives us time to stop and look at life a little closer....look at where we've been and where we are going.
It is hard for me to believe that it has been 10 years since the "Y2K" scares. It's funny really, to think about how hyped up people got that year. I was a freshman in high school that year....14 years old. This past decade has probably been one of the decades in my lifetime, if not THE decade, that the most will have changed. I started as a 14 year old freshman in high school who was excited to enjoy some new freedoms and responsibilities. Then came the excitement of driving at 16. Next came my first "real" job as a city pool lifeguard, although it was only for the summers. Then it was off to college at 18, moving across the country to a place where I had no friends or family but quickly made some of the best friends of my life, and where having some free time during the day and setting my own schedule of classes seemed amazing after having been in school with a "set schedule" for the past 13 years. 2005 was the halfway point and I started it out by quitting school and moving to Mesa, AZ to marry the man who was even better than the man of my dreams. We were married in June of 2005 and that started my first full-time, year round work experience. We were our own family unit....experiencing the challenges and responsibilities of juggling all aspects of life....housing, money, cars, schedules, etc on our own. But "on our own" meant we were together, doing life as a team, and it made every part of life wonderful. By the next year we both changed jobs and bought our first place.....our wonderful little condo that is still currently "home". 2007 brought our sweet little girl. 2008 brought our cuddle-bug of a boy. And 2009 brought the exciting news and anticipation of a whole new adventure....identical twin boys. So there you have it. Ten years filled with beautiful blessings and the Lord's protection in so many areas.
In another 10 years, if the Lord has it in His plans, I will be 14 1/2 years into my lifetime with my bestfriend and love. I will be 34 years old, and I will have a 12 year old daughter, an 11 year old son, and twin 9 year old boys (who will almost be 1o). At this point, we hope to still be living in Arizona.....but God could change that, I'm sure (although at this point it is REALLY hard to think that we'd REALLY want to live somewhere else!) . We don't know what our home will look like....we don't know what our jobs will be....but we know that we will still be loving and serving our God to the best of our ability. And He will still have His hand of provision on us. It is wonderful the HOPE we have in our Savior.....not needing to worry about 10 years from now, or even about tomorrow....knowing He will take care of us, even if it is in ways that we may not "like" or find "comfortable".
Ok.
So now that I have journeyed through the past and future a bit, I will take a minute to give some current updates : )
I am now 30 weeks 5 days into this pregnancy. I had an ultrasound last week (at 29 weeks 3 days). Everything was still looking great! Baby A, Casey, was still in position to come out 2nd.....meaning our little Emery...Baby B is the one we'll most likely meet first (unless they switch places again, which is still possible). It is funny....we decided as soon as we picked out names that we thought "Baby A" should be Casey and "Baby B" should be Emery. Up to that point, Baby A was always just thought to be "whichever baby came out first" and Baby B would be the second one out. So we named them with that mindset according to their positions. The funny part is, at that time I just associated Casey with "first baby out" and Emery with "second baby out" But after watching them on the ultrasounds SO often and keeping track of who was who, it looks like we will meet Emery first and Casey second. I've had a few people ask me if we're just naming "the first one out" Casey and the "second one" Emery. But we really can't do that! We've already gotten to know them...even before birth...and their names are already set : )
Anyway....Casey was measuring at 3lbs 11oz. He was still measuring ahead of schedule, although I am not sure by how many days. Emery was following close behind at about 3lbs 80z. So...a week ago I already had over 7lbs of "baby" in me....and I am sure they've grown some more since then : ) If they each gain 1/2lb a week from the time I had that ultrasound, they will each be between 6 1/2 and 7lbs at delivery...so we're looking at 13-14lbs of baby! WOW!
This week was my last week of NO appointments. Next week (31 weeks) I will have a regular OB appt and then we will set up my last 4 weeks of appointments. Each week I will have an ultrasound one day, a non-stress test another day(basically they just put fetal monitors on each baby and another monitor on to check for contractions and make sure the heartbeats are good on the babies....very similar to the monitoring they do in the hospital while you're in labor) and a regular OB appt after one of those two appointments.
My wonderful friend Melissa is throwing me a baby shower for the boys tomorrow and I am so excited about it. I can't wait to celebrate these little blessings with family and friends! It should be a lot of fun!!
In other news.............we just got done rearranging our ENTIRE living room which was QUITE a process. We had to unplug all of the computer wires/accessories and all of the TV equipment (speakers, DVD player, Tivo, receiver, etc). We moved all the furniture and cleaned the carpet. We wiped down walls and baseboards. All of this was prompted by our purchase of a 40'' flat screen TV with our Christmas money : ) We were able to mount it on the wall and rearrange things to really open up the room. And the best part is that we finally have room to set up TWO baby swings!
I have sorted through TONS of baby clothes (some given to us, some that we had from Ryken) trying to figure out what we have in what sizes/seasons...etc. I have sorted through all of the new Christmas toys...finding homes for things : ) Our next big project is to go through EVERYTHING else and figure out what we want to put in storage to free up some MUCH NEEDED closet space! We decided that with an umbrella stroller, a single stroller, a double stroller, a snap-n-go double stroller, and a quadruplet stroller....that we NEEDED a storage unit...just for strollers, if nothing else. But it will be nice to clear out some other things as well!
Well...I better stop here for now. I have grumpy tired kiddos from keeping them out an hour past their bedtime. I've got to get some lunch in their hungry tummies and then get naptime started a little bit early today! Until next time........
1 comment:
You have come so, so far in life and it's truly amazing! I agree, I'm grateful God gave us time, because if not, we wouldn't be able to sit back and realize that at 14, 4 children, a husband and a GIGANTIC tv were nowhere in the mix!
Glad everything is going well with the little boogers in there, and have fun tomorrow!
Post a Comment