Sunday, May 23, 2010

I am so blessed.

I have always known that my pregnancy and delivery of E & C were a blessing. Besides the precautionary bed rest for a few weeks, everything went *perfectly*. I have always been thankful for how it all went down. And for how perfect and healthy they were and are. And for what "normal babies" they are.

But lately, I've been hearing stories over and over again of twins....twins who were early and didn't make it....twins who spent significant time in the NICU. And even the "good" twin stories usually involve c-sections or the decision to switch to formula early on or other little things that I worried about and wondered about and was prepared to deal with but somehow haven't had to. (I say somehow like I don't know how...obviously, from the rest of this whole post, it's clear the the reason I haven't had to deal with these things is because of God's amazing blessing/mercy!)

I am sure I hear these stories so often now because I have twins of my own. Everyone who has twins or knows twins or has some connection to twins seems to want to tell me about it : ) Which is fine. I don't mind. But each time I hear another story, it just makes me realize even more the great mercy, kindness, and blessing that God has chosen me to receive. And it seems so huge. Why did he choose for ME to have such an easy time with all of it? And such a smooth transition? I am thankful for sure.

And then I think about it in the context of the "big picture" of life. And while I realize the huge blessings surrounding my twin pregnancy and the birth of my beautiful boys and the grace He gives me to be the mom of 4 small kids, He quickly draws my attention and focus to the even bigger task He's chosen for me. And the MUCH bigger blessing. The blessing of knowing Him. And the fact that He chose me to be HIS!

How cool is it that He can use others to show me a huge blessing in my life (my babies) and that He can use that huge blessing to show me an even HUGER blessing (being HIS chosen child!)? I think it's pretty cool.

No comments: