There are dirty dishes in the sink...along with soggy bread and tops of strawberries and other yucky things. There are also dirty dishes on the counter. And the table. The dishwasher is full of clean dishes. There are also clean dishes on a different counter.
There are toys and puzzles all over the kids' room. In the midst of the many toys there are crushed up goldfish crackers.
The living room is also a mess. Toys and crumbs scattered about.
I have work waiting for me....work that I have to concentrate on...which means starting the work when the kids are in bed.
There is an empty pizza box on the chest freezer waiting to be taken out. And diapers stacked in the hallway that never made it to their final destination in the kids' closet.
The bed is unmade. And there are clean clothes to be folded and put away. And dirty ones to be washed.
There are coupons from the Sunday paper waiting to be filed away....in hopes of saving a little bit of money here and there.
I am still in workout clothes from earlier.....in need of a shower for sure.....unsure of when that shower might actually become a reality...and unsure of where on my priority list it should go.
I need to wash the trays of the kids' high chairs...and clean up the food that was inadvertently (or sometimes purposefully...) flung on the floor.
I sit here in the bathroom...while the kiddos get cleaned up in the bath.
They still need to be washed. And dried. And diapered. And combed. And Pj-ed. And hugged. And kissed. And prayed with. And then bedtime.
I am a mother of toddlers. A pregnant one at that. Pregnant with twins to top it off.
I am tired. I feel like I was go-go-going all day....and have very little to show for it now...as I sit here with all these messes around me.
Many others know this feeling well. And I think it depresses some. But not me. When it all starts blending together...and I feel like my days are all the same. I stop. And I say thank you to the One who blessed me with these messes and this work and these tiny little people to love.
I sit here watching Kenzie and Ryken splash and giggle and enjoy each other...and it is more than worth it.
I sit and pray that I will know when to be strict..and when to show mercy...and how to love with patience and grace. I pray that I will show them Christ.

I am so blessed to be living this life.
4 comments:
Hey!
You know, today I looked at a picture on my fridge. It was of Grandpa and Shirley, your mom and dad, David and his family, you and your family, Jamie and hers, and Cass and Zach, too... and I realized there was no Ryken. I looked closer, and I saw that you were still preggo! I was surprised! I didn't realize it was such an old pic.
But I wanted to tell you, that of all the things I read, your blog, your facebook-- everything points to how wonderfully happy you are as a mother and wife. There are some people who cannot say that, who wish they weren't mothers and all I can think is that they're really missing out. Just thought I'd tell you, even though of all people, you're not one to need help counting blessings, except maybe for extra fingers and toes: you have so many!
oh my hun.
so glad you found a survivor (me) - can you e-mail me so we can chat through e-mail?
holly panter at g mail dot com
So Dani I just made a blogspot and i have no idea what I am doing! Help me lol.
You are so amazing, Dani. I wish I had your optimism and strength.
Post a Comment