Monday, September 21, 2009

Where is time going?!

Time is getting away from me!! Where is it going?!

It has been three weeks now since I promised a post "soon". This was not what I was thinking when I said "soon"....but I guess it's better now than never! The kiddos are enjoying a bath, so I am sitting in the bathroom watching them and decided it would be a good time to get this post started!!

First.....a little recap of our WONDERFUL vacation to Coronado this year : ) Thanks to Chip's parents, we have gotten to go to Coronado every summer since we got married. This was our 5th summer going!!! We left on a Sunday and got home Thursday night. We had a GREAT time.

We left on Sunday morning after breakfast. We were on the road by our goal time: 9am! The kids were wonderful on the drive over. We drove a little over 3 hours to Yuma and stopped for lunch. We ate at Burger King and then went across the street and got Blizzards and Dairy Queen and let the kids run around in the grass for a little bit before loading back into the car. We loaded up around 1:30 and made it to the house we were staying at in Coronado about 3 hours later. The kids took naps and read books and ate snacks and never cried at all. I was so proud of my little travelers. We were thinking, though, how this was the last "fast" drive over there we will probably have for awhile, since both kids were in diapers. From here on out I foresee many bathroom stops in our future.

Chip's parents rented a house this year. The past two years we have stayed at the El Cordova Hotel, but we all decided it might be nice to have a full sized kitchen and backyard now, and the house was actually not as expensive which was a nice part too : ) The house was beautiful!! Chip's parents were SOO amazing and let us have the master bedroom which had a closet big enough for a twin-sized air mattress for Kenzie AND a pack n play for Ryken! When we got there, we got the car unloaded and the beds set up and then we packed a picnic dinner and headed out for a concert in the park. The weather was PERFECT. The park was SUPER crowded, but the music was great and the kids had so much fun running around and playing in the grass! After the concert we went to our FAVORITE gelato place. Then we headed home and the kids went to bed. We watched a movie and then went to bed, too.

On Monday we got up and had a yummy brunch outside. After Ryken took his morning nap, we headed to the beach. We were there for a couple hours enjoying the warm sun and cool water. Kenzie LOVED playing in the sand and water. Ryken had to warm up to the idea. For the first hour he only wanted to be held and he cried if we tried to have him touch the water or sand. But after watching his sister have fun for awhile, he decided to join in too. We didn't get many pictures because the camera memory card was full...so that night we uploaded the pictures so that we'd be able to take more the rest of the trip. After the beach we took the kids home and got all showered off and cleaned up and put them down for a nap. Liz stayed home with them and Chip and I ran to a local pizza place to get our FAVORITE cheesy bread. We had it as a mid-afternoon snack. We didn't really need lunch since we had such a large brunch mid-morning, but I wasn't going to make it until dinner....so it was the perfect solution : ) After the kids woke up from their nap we went to the Boathouse for dinner. We took Chip's parents out as a "thank you" for the vacation! We all enjoyed fantastic food!! Afterwards, Chip's dad took us all out for ice cream. We went home and put the kids to bed and then played a game.

Tuesday, we woke up and hung out around the house for the morning. We played outside and enjoyed the weather. Here is Ryken exploring the backyard...he LOVED that little dog statue:


After Ryken's morning nap, Chip and I took the kids to the park to eat a picnic lunch and play on the playground. They had so much fun playing!!



A little after noon Chip's parents and sister met us at the park and we spent the afternoon walking and browsing the shops. We went home and had more cheesy bread that afternoon and put the kids down for a late nap. We made hamburgers, corn, and cheesy potatoes for dinner and after dinner we got to meet up with on of my friends and her for dessert : ) I met her online during my pregnancy with Ryken and we were so excited that we happened to both be vacationing in San Diego at the same time. Her little girl is just a little over a week younger than Ryken...they were due the same day: ) It was so much fun to meet them after over a year of talking!

When we got home we gave the kids a bath and put them to bed. Chip and I got to take a little "date" and took a walk on the beach. We LOVE having babysitters on vacation : )

Wednesday we had another beach day. We tried to skip Ryken's morning nap....but it didn't work out. He was asleep within the first 5 minutes that we were at the beach. What a little cutie sleeping to the sound of the waves!






We built our yearly sand castle and had a great time. We had pizza for lunch. Chip wanted to stay at the beach and eat lunch and watch the waves destroy our sandcastle (our tradition)....but I was super worn out and after a meltdown (by me) we ended up packing up our pizza and going home. I am glad we went home, because when Chip's parents went to the beach that night they said that the sandcastle was STILL there....we would have been waiting a LONG time. That night we ate lasagna for dinner. We stayed at home with Chip's sister while his parents went back to the beach for the evening. We watched some TV and then went to bed.

Thursday we woke up and after Ryken's nap we went to the beach one last time. We came home and packed up and ate some lunch. We headed out around 2:30pm. We stopped in Yuma for dinner and ended up getting home a little after 10pm. The kids did as great on the way home as the did on the way there. It was a WONDERFUL summer vacation and I can't wait to go back : )

NEXT UPDATE: The TWINS!!

I was 16 weeks yesterday and have gained 10lbs. Doing good!!

My last doctor's appointment was on September 2nd. I was 13 weeks 3 days. The babies looked great : ) I had an ultrasound two days later and got some cute pictures. We also were told by the ultrasound tech that she is QUITE CERTAIN that these babies are BOYS!! We will confirm at our next appointment!!

Here is Baby B (with part of Baby A on the right). He was measuring at 14w3d.



And here is Baby A. He was measuring at 14 weeks 2 days. Both looked GREAT!


Here are a few pictures of them together...Baby A is on the right (facing us) and Baby B is on the left (facing away from us) :


This one is very similar....you can see Baby A's hands and his little knee above Baby B's head)


Here is one that shows Baby B's rear-end in Baby A's face : ) Baby A is on the right still...and you are looking down from the top of his head.


My next doctor's appointment is a week from today (Monday, September 28th). I will have another ultrasound sometime that week as well but still need to schedule it.

Here are the newest belly pictures I have taken...but I need to take new ones. These were taken when I was 13weeks 4days...the day between my doctor's appointment and the ultrasound.




Soooo...there are SOME updates.....more to come sometime in the future (I won't say "soon" this time....but hopefully it WILL be soon anyway!!)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Heya! I wanted to swing by and tell you that I gave you a little award for having a cool blog, it's on my page. Stop by and check it out :)