SO, as usual, it's been awhile. Too long.
I've wanted to sit down and write several times, but there are always other things higher on the priority list....even now, there are so many things that need to be done, but I just needed to get my thoughts down tonight...I need to record the things that God is reminding me tonight, so that I can come back and remember these things.
Current status:
*Kenzie: She has had a fever for 4 full days + runny nose. Thankfully only 1 really sick/pukey day.
*Ryken: So far, so good.
*Casey: Fever on and off last week....fussy....now congested/snotty/coughing. Plus as a new walker/climber he is getting into EVERYTHING.
*Emery: Ditto Casey....plus more fever today. Getting in EVERYTHING x2.
ADD TO THAT:
*At 12 1/2 months the boys STILL haven't slept through the night.
*NEVER-ENDING MOUNDS of housework...I never even get close to being caught up. 4 small children are able to rip everything apart MUCH faster than I can put it back together.
*Date night tomorrow night: canceled due to sick babysitters & sick kids. BUM-MER.
There is more I'm sure....I'm pretty much on the verge of a giant pity party. But that's where this blog comes in.....right when I'm about to start sulking and being miserable, God is being faithful. He is reminding me that my circumstances aren't nearly as bad as I want to believe. Here are how the thoughts in my head are working:
*Ahh...poor me with all the sick kids...BUT this sickness WILL go away. This sickness isn't THAT bad. My mind actually wanders to the sick kids in other countries....like babies battling Malaria in Ethiopia. The sickness my babies face doesn't even compare. I don't have any room to complain. I'm not fearing for their lives. I KNOW it will get better, sooner than later, and I will probably not even really remember this week in a few months.
*Canceled date night: What about the MILLIONS of people who never get a "date night" at all. I think in a way, it is reminding me that I don't NEED to go out on dates. I think in a way I've been lied to for awhile. I feel like I hear everywhere that it is SO important to keep "going out" and keep "dating" to keep your marriage strong. I'm starting to rethink things. I won't let "going out" be something I NEED. It is nice. It is fine. But we don't NEED it. And the disappointment when it doesn't happen needs to be something I get over FAST. There are people all over this world who have SO much less than I have and yet I want to sit and sulk and grumble and complain that I won't get to leave my home for a couple of hours. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful that I get to take care of my precious babies...even if it means NEVER getting a break. I am thankful for my home and the numerous COMFORTS & LUXURIES of my home.
I need to remember these things. I need to be thankful. The circumstances have been set before me....I can choose how I will respond. Everything in my flesh is ready to get the pity-party underway....but thankfully, I have Jesus and I have the Holy Spirit in my heart....and He is so much bigger, so much more.
So tonight, not by my own strength, but through the strength of the One who satisfies, I will not only CANCEL the pity party in my heart....I will be throwing a big CELEBRATION instead, praising and thanking my Lord and my God.
2 comments:
Ahhh!!!! AMEN!!!! Thank you Dani for sharing this. Wonderful reminder. Thank you Lord for being mire than enough!
Love to you guys.
Hi Dani!
Thanks for the great reminders. We feel the same way about "date night". It's nice, but secret: you can have a great marriage and not have one every week!! ;)
Miss you and love you tons!
Post a Comment